Hi, my name is Liisa, I’m from Finland and the main author of this Routes and Trips Travel Guide.
The guide is out there to show travel destinations close and far, and to help travelers plan their trips.
Liisa Nygård, travel writer, Routes and Trips
As travelers search for information on the travel guide it also provides travel business a way to grow their visibility.
I mainly travel as a team with Clas, my husband. I’m the writer and Clas the photographer.
Clas Nygard, photographer, Routes and Trips
Our Professional Background
Traveling has always been my hobby and passion and I’ve been working all my career within the travel sector, from travel guide studies in Spain to being responsible for one of the biggest travel web sites in Finland.
Read more about my career and experience in my linked in profile.
Then about Clas. Clas has always been a keen photographer, and a keen traveler as well. He has done a great career in teaching and research in the field of occupational health. His work as a university professor has included short and long-term travel to all continents and his international contacts keep him up to date.
About Routes and Trips
As we all know, trips often require a huge amount of planning. We are trying to make that easier for travelers.
Travelers looking for information at the annual MATKA Fair, Helsinki
First you have to find out where to go, then put the place on the map and figure out how to get there and where to stay overnight. You will have to imagine what the place really is like. Is it really worth my time and money, am I going to like it or not?
The idea of Routes and Trips is to show travel destinations, and give ideas for day trips and travel itineraries out from those destinations.
You can take a bus tour or make day trips on your own, just look at our photos and follow our itineraries. All trips are shown on interactive Google maps, just use them and enjoy!
The Way We Work
Looking for things to do in the Himalayas
- We first come and visit your destination.
- We then report our travel experience to the world.
- To show what the place is like we always use a lot of inspiring photos. To help travelers we mark sights, itineraries and other things on Google Maps.
Both Short and Long Term Visibility
- Routes and Trips Travel Guide contents will appear after the trip and stay there for the next years to come and improve your long-term visibility. The information will be updated if needed.
- The articles will be found in Google search results, for months and years, and be read by thousands and thousands of travelers as they search for travel ideas.
- We also use social media, every day during the trip and afterwards. That gives you a strong short term exposure. But remember, unlike a permanent travel website social media posts only live for hours.
Our audience is global and covers all continents. In normal times Routes and Trips Travel Guide has up to 25 000 readers/month, all age groups and especially the wealthy 50+ (as we, too, belong to that age group). The audience is interested in things like travel, beach, nature, hikes, flights, car rentals, hotels.
Routes and Trips Media Kit
For more details and the numbers of Routes and Trips check out the Routes and Trips media kit below (Power Point):
Routes and Trips on Social Media
- Facebook: 1200+ likes
- Instagram: 600+ followers
- Twitter: 300+ followers
Existing Cooperation with Travel Business
As far we have been working with these brands, resulting in the blog articles listed:
- A Series of articles on touring Sri Lanka by car
- Connaissance de Ceylan, Theme Resorts
- Articles about North Poland: Gdansk, Sopot and Slowinski National Park
- Polish Tourist Organisation
- Articles about Morocco: Marrakech and Essaouira
- Moroccan National Tourist Office
- Article on Sintra, Portugal
- Sintra Tourism Office, Camara Municipal de Sintra, Hotel Nova Sintra
- Review of a luxury river cruise in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Cultural Cruises Europe
- Bus tour review: Giants Causeway day trip from Dublin
- Gray Line Ireland
- Hiking in Southern Konnevesi National Park in Central Finland
- Southern Konnevesi National Park
- Visiting Lapland with a student group
- Tampere University
- Lapland spring and auroras
- Northern Lights Village Levi
- Article about Funchal, Madeira
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira
- Report of road trip to West Madeira
- Savoy Saccharum Resort & Spa
- Article on the Montenegro Adriatic Coast and Lake Skadar National Park
- Montenegro Stars Hotel Group, Budva, Radovan Cruise Skadar Lake
- Three articles about travel destinations in Nepal
- Distinctive Nepal, Hotel Country Villa
How Can We Help You?
If you got any ideas or questions, let’s discuss. Drop a line and we’ll see what we can do for you.
To contact us, you can use the form below for private messages (the message will not be published):