Hi, my name is Liisa, I’m from Finland and the author of Routes and Trips. My blog is out there to show travel destinations both close and far. It helps travelers plan their trips.
As so many travelers look for information on Routes and Trips it also offers travel business a way to grow their visibility among travelers.
Liisa Nygård, travel blogger, Routes and Trips
My Professional Background
Traveling has always been my hobby and passion and I’ve also been working most of my working career within the travel industry, starting from a travel guide program in Spain to being responsible for one of the biggest travel web sites in Finland.
Read more about my career and experience in my linked in profile.
About Routes and Trips
As we all know, trips require a huge amount of planning.
You have to find out where to go, put that place on the map, figure out how to get there and where to stay – and imagine without having been there how the place really is like. Is the place really worth the time and money I’m going to spend there?
The idea of Routes and Trips is to show travel destinations, and give ideas for day trips and longer travel itineraries from those destinations.
You can take a bus tour or make my day trips on your own, just look at my photos and follow my itineraries. All my trips are shown on interactive Google maps.
The Way I Work: Long and Short Term Visibility
Travel professionals and travelers meeting at the annual MATKA Fair, Helsinki
- I visit your destination
- I show it to the world in inspiring photos. To help travelers get orientated I mark sights, itineraries and possible accommodation on Google Maps.
- Unlike social media posts that only live for hours my blog articles will stay there for years and improve your long-term visibility. They will appear in Google search results for months and years and be read by thousands and thousands of travelers that are searching for destinations.
- Social media gives short term visibility.
My audience is global and covers all continents. I have up to 25 000 readers/month in all age groups, including the wealthy 50+ (I mysellf belong to that age group). My audience is interested in travel, beach, nature, hikes, flights, car rentals and hotels.
Routes and Trips Media Kit
For more details and the numbers of Routes and Trips check out Routes and Trips media kit (Power Point):
Routes and Trips on Social Media
- Facebook: 1100+ likes
- Instagram: 600+ followers
- Twitter: 300+ followers
Existing Cooperation with Travel Business
As far I have been working with these brands, resulting in the blog articles listed:
- A Series of articles on touring Sri Lanka by car
- Connaissance de Ceylan, Theme Resorts
- Articles about North Poland: Gdansk, Sopot and Slowinski National Park
- Polish Tourist Organisation
- Articles about Morocco: Marrakech and Essaouira
- Moroccan National Tourist Office
- Article on Sintra, Portugal
- Sintra Tourism Office, Camara Municipal de Sintra, Hotel Nova Sintra
- Review of a luxury river cruise in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Cultural Cruises Europe
- Bus tour review: Giants Causeway day trip from Dublin
- Gray Line Ireland
- Hiking in Southern Konnevesi National Park in Central Finland
- Southern Konnevesi National Park
- Visiting Lapland with a student group
- Tampere University
- Article about Funchal, Madeira
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira
- Report of road trip to West Madeira
- Savoy Saccharum Resort & Spa
- Article on the Montenegro Adriatic Coast and Lake Skadar National Park
- Montenegro Stars Hotel Group, Budva, Radovan Cruise Skadar Lake
- Three articles about travel destinations in Nepal
- Distinctive Nepal, Hotel Country Villa
How Can I Help You?
If you got any ideas or questions, let’s discuss. Drop a line and we’ll see what we can do.
To contact me, use the form below for private messages: