Hi, my name is Liisa, I’m from Finland and the author of Routes and Trips Travel Guide. The guide is out there to show travel destinations close and far, and to help travelers plan their trips.
As travelers look for information on Routes and Trips the guide also offers travel business a way to grow their visibility.
Liisa Nygård, travel writer, Routes and Trips
My Professional Background
Traveling has always been my hobby and passion and I’ve also been working all my career within the travel sector, from travel guide studies in Spain to being responsible for one of the biggest travel web sites in Finland.
Read more about my career and experience in my linked in profile.
About Routes and Trips
As we all know, almost any trip requires a huge amount of planning:
First you have to find out where you would like to go, then put that place on the map and figure out how to get there and where to stay overnight. And you will have to imagine what the place really is like. Is going there really worth my time and money, am I going to like it there?
The idea of Routes and Trips is to show travel destinations, and give ideas for day trips and travel itineraries out from those destinations.
You can take a bus tour or make my day trips on your own, just look at my photos and follow my itineraries. All my trips are shown on interactive Google maps, just use them and enjoy!
The Way I Work
Travel professionals and travelers meeting at the annual MATKA Fair, Helsinki
- I first come and visit your destination.
- I then show it to the world and report my travel experience.
- To do it I always use a lot of inspiring photos. To help travelers get orientated I mark sights, itineraries and maybe accommodation on Google Maps.
Both Short and Long Term Visibility
- Routes and Trips Travel Guide contents will appear after the trip and stay there for the next years to come, to improve your long-term visibility. The information will be updated if needed.
- The articles will be found in Google search results, for months and years, and be read by thousands and thousands of travelers looking for travel ideas.
- In addition I use social media every day during my trips. Social media gives you a strong short term exposure. But remember, unlike long-term travel guide contents social media posts only live for hours.
My audience is global and covers all continents. Routes and Trips Travel Guide has up to 25 000 readers/month, in all age groups and especially the wealthy 50+ (as I mysellf belong to that age group). The audience is interested in things like travel, beach, nature, hikes, flights, car rentals, hotels.
Routes and Trips Media Kit
For more details and the numbers of Routes and Trips check out the Routes and Trips media kit below (Power Point):
Routes and Trips on Social Media
- Facebook: 1200+ likes
- Instagram: 600+ followers
- Twitter: 300+ followers
Existing Cooperation with Travel Business
As far I have been working with these brands, resulting in the blog articles listed:
- A Series of articles on touring Sri Lanka by car
- Connaissance de Ceylan, Theme Resorts
- Articles about North Poland: Gdansk, Sopot and Slowinski National Park
- Polish Tourist Organisation
- Articles about Morocco: Marrakech and Essaouira
- Moroccan National Tourist Office
- Article on Sintra, Portugal
- Sintra Tourism Office, Camara Municipal de Sintra, Hotel Nova Sintra
- Review of a luxury river cruise in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Cultural Cruises Europe
- Bus tour review: Giants Causeway day trip from Dublin
- Gray Line Ireland
- Hiking in Southern Konnevesi National Park in Central Finland
- Southern Konnevesi National Park
- Visiting Lapland with a student group
- Tampere University
- Article about Funchal, Madeira
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira
- Report of road trip to West Madeira
- Savoy Saccharum Resort & Spa
- Article on the Montenegro Adriatic Coast and Lake Skadar National Park
- Montenegro Stars Hotel Group, Budva, Radovan Cruise Skadar Lake
- Three articles about travel destinations in Nepal
- Distinctive Nepal, Hotel Country Villa
How Can I Help You?
If you got any ideas or questions, let’s discuss. Drop a line and we’ll see what we can do.
To contact me, you can use the form below for private messages: